Nobody’s Perfect

Shout-out tonight to April for her kind contribution, thank you. Also, to anyone I thanked last month for setting up a monthly subscription payment (you know who you are), thank you again.

There’s an unfortunate tendency among my more prominent countrymen to “double down” after an error: with a bluff or a distraction, anything to avoid admitting they were wrong. This wins the skirmish but loses the war, and in the process brings out the worst in ourselves.

We are on a crowded bus, jockeying our feet so they don’t step on anyone else’s, yet dreadfully aware that sometimes they will. These are the moments when we reveal ourselves. Excellence isn’t a matter of getting everything right, it’s a reflection of how well you conduct yourself when things go wrong.

15 thoughts on “Nobody’s Perfect

1. BB/VA December 15, 2015 / 9:26 pm

Well said, sir. It is nice to see some wisdom in the world.

2. 6rabbits December 16, 2015 / 7:10 am

Two of my favorite quotes:

“Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” ― Abraham Lincoln.

“Adveristy doesn’t build character, it reveals it.” –James Lane Allen

3. Phred's Mom December 16, 2015 / 8:22 am

This election, I am not happy with
    any of the wannabes. Too much is
    at stake. My vote will be a write-in:
    NTMTOM! Who’s with me?

• Gigi_the cat lady December 16, 2015 / 12:15 pm

I have to admit that some of your candidates this time around make us nervous; my husband said if one in particular is elected, he is digging a bomb shelter in the backyard.
      I think he was joking … maybe.

• Mal December 16, 2015 / 10:21 pm

Let’s just say that Canada will have to build a wall to keep the undocumented migrants out.

• Smartypants December 17, 2015 / 7:44 am

Yes, I think Gigi will find a lot of us asking if we can crash on her couch…

• Faye December 17, 2015 / 7:44 am

My father was born in Montreal. Can I come now?

• birdcage December 17, 2015 / 9:15 am

I have room at my house in Oakville, Ontario for American reFugees. You can trump …. I mean, tramp on up here before we build our wall to stem the tide. There’s lots of cute animals to enjoy in my yard and neighbourhood! A coyote a couple of nights ago came to visit. Yesterday a beautiful red fox was hanging out in the yard (eating a squirrel: not so cute….).

• Faye December 17, 2015 / 11:00 am

I’ve been as close as Rochester, NY. I travel exclusively by train. I’ll be there with the one suitcase (you know that one suitcase they tell you to keep packed).

4. Phred's Mom December 16, 2015 / 8:30 am

Mod Lounge? Whaddidisaywrong?
    Where are those chocolate chip cookies?
    The cocoa? The margaritas?

• Not That Mike The Other Mike December 16, 2015 / 8:55 am

Apologies, I have no idea what landed you in the Mod Lounge. I only have two rules that trigger auto-moderation and your comment didn’t break either of them. Please enjoy a complimentary cookie dough-tini.

• Phred's Mom December 16, 2015 / 10:13 am

bless you. Mighta been the word “vote”.
        Everyone is so darn twitchy.

5. see post December 16, 2015 / 6:08 pm

This click here to read will not eat. Some exercises out there to inspire you to stay the way you eat
    more. Try eating more whole grains are preferred.