100 Years of Bunny Beauty

In this era of digitally-enhanced models and impossible beauty standards, one group has endured more than any other. I refer of course to bunnies, who must constantly adapt to society’s fickle demands to look cute, aided by armies of stylists. To illustrate, here’s a video showing 100 years of bunny beauty, and all the things bunnies have gone through over the years.

It’s just unfair, Andrew Y.

15 thoughts on “100 Years of Bunny Beauty

1. Luv Bunny February 21, 2016 / 6:26 pm

A quite tolerant bunneh. I’d just lay by him and snorgle.

2. 6rabbits February 21, 2016 / 6:59 pm

Poor, gorgeous bunneh looked a little stressed–thought his nose was gonna take off!

• Faye February 21, 2016 / 7:03 pm

Is nose speed correlated to stress level?
      If so then bunnies would have trouble telling lies.

• 6rabbits February 21, 2016 / 8:20 pm

They breathe faster under stress. He’s not scared–body posture and ears are okay. I’m sure they didn’t do this in a just a few takes, so he’s probably had enough! Any bunny used professionly has to be pretty laid-back in the first place.

3. Faye February 21, 2016 / 7:04 pm

No matter what they did his “look” endured.

4. Kar February 21, 2016 / 7:20 pm

I didnt catch on to the fonts right off but that cracked me up. So much better than those other 100 years of beauty videos

5. Lea February 21, 2016 / 7:28 pm

Like the idea, but that is one bunny totally scared and actually shaking with fear… So not cute!

• Not That Mike The Other Mike February 21, 2016 / 7:32 pm

Thanks for letting us know. I don’t know rabbits as well as other animals, so this sort of feedback helps.

• 6rabbits February 21, 2016 / 8:28 pm

He’s breathing fast, which is why he’s shaking. 27 yrs. of rabbit experience says he’s a little stressed or anxious, but not fearful or scared to death.
        “Okay, guys, this has gone on long enough! There better be treats and massages coming up!”

• Lea February 21, 2016 / 9:17 pm

Well, I didn’t mean to say he was “scared to death”. Sure, he’s breathing rapidly because he’s stressed out. In my experience, being “grabbed” from above causes a flight/hide reflex in bunnies (no idea if that’s the right term in English) because they think they’re being attacked by a predator.
          Overall I think he’s not very comfortable in this video so I can’t really consider it cute or funny, even though those are some fabulously floofy ears…

• Faye February 22, 2016 / 8:38 am

Dark Chocolate truffles, then a peppermint foot soak coming your way.

• Julia February 22, 2016 / 12:51 pm

Really? You think? To me it just looks like normal bunny and normal breathing but they sped up the recording.

• Faye February 22, 2016 / 4:17 pm

6. Starfish February 21, 2016 / 10:21 pm

The grumpy bunny look is truly timeless.