All Hat, No Cuddle

“Dang, some people sure is touchy about their farm equipment. I was just down at the feed store, talking to Matty Dunnigan, and I says that the John Deere S550 series personal tractorย ain’t nothing but a wind-up toy for mama’s boys and city slickers, and some yokel gets huffy and pulls my hat down over my head! Gettin’ so a fella can’t express an opinion no more.”

Via Imgur. (“The vet said the anti-scratch cone would be $50.00. Tractor Supply had it for $19.95.”)

14 thoughts on “All Hat, No Cuddle

1. AuntieM1996 May 4, 2016 / 11:17 am

Smart dog. Knows that the only reasonable green tractors are the old Olivers!

• Claire May 4, 2016 / 11:57 am

I’m an orange (AC) tractor fan myself (thanks to my Grandpa, Dad, and Uncle), but anything is better than the ubiquitous John Deere green.

• AuntieM1996 May 4, 2016 / 3:47 pm

Orange could also be an old Minneapolis-Moline or Case!!

• Murray C. May 4, 2016 / 4:10 pm

Lordy be, I love it when you talk farm machinery! It’s something completely beyond my ken so once again I find myself in the company of amazing people. I love this place.

Just got to thinking, this could be a country version of one of those after surgery anti-scritch funnels.

2. Julie May 4, 2016 / 12:01 pm

Nom Tom – I LOVE when you talk country!!!

3. Gigi_the cat lady May 4, 2016 / 12:23 pm

As heard when watching a certain Bruce Willis film on TV :

Yippie-Kai-Yay, Motherlover!

• Smartypants May 4, 2016 / 6:03 pm

LOL, my very favorite edited-for-TV swear is in the movie “Fallen,” where the dying villain’s last words are rendered as “Forget you, my friend!” ๐Ÿ˜€

4. allein May 4, 2016 / 12:42 pm

I listen to a Podcaster who uses the phrase Sunday go to meetin’. This one made me laugh out loud. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

On a side note, I do not seem to have received notifications for the most recent new posts…๐Ÿ˜ข

• Not That Mike The Other Mike May 4, 2016 / 12:44 pm

Uh-oh, I’m still getting subscriptions. Maybe you need to use the subscription form in the sidebar again.

• allein May 4, 2016 / 1:46 pm

Somehow the email address they come from got marked as spam. I reported it as not spam and added it to my contacts.

I just got a new computer and picked it up from my tech guy (aka Dad) last night; I’m finding the track pad a little difficult to control. I must have accidentally hit the spam button instead of delete (I had a whole bunch of replies from several threads in there, all from last night and today).

5. Brouhaha May 4, 2016 / 12:45 pm

That’s really quite fashionable.

6. Murray C. May 4, 2016 / 1:38 pm

NTMTOM, it’s that ongoing party in your head that we are so lucky to have been invited to. Wow. All hat, no cuddle indeed!๐Ÿ˜†

7. Not That Mike The Other Mike May 4, 2016 / 6:59 pm

Hey everybody, I am considering making a change to the site, and I’d like your opinions about it. Because I only want to hear from regular commenters at first, I’m announcing this here rather than in a blog post. Please take a look at this page and give me your thoughts. Thank you.

8. Faye May 4, 2016 / 11:36 pm

Country ingenuity.

So they pulled down his hat. But what happened to his pants?