15 thoughts on “Links: Matchingks!

1. Julie July 18, 2016 / 1:04 pm

Re: Animal Brothers from Different Mothers –

When I got my latest car, I asked the salesperson if he thought I was being boring for getting the same color as the my previous car. He told me that in his experience about 80% of people will get the new car in the same color as the old car. He thinks that people have a “car color” and that they usually get the same color over and over.

Maybe this same concept holds for pets?

• ^oo^ July 18, 2016 / 11:17 pm

Not That Malamute The Other Malamute.

2. Ricky's Mom July 18, 2016 / 1:28 pm

Meanwhile, on topic for today’s submeeshons, I don’t know how I could pick a favorite out of the wonderful Matchingks, the tiny batlet is adorbs, and I think I’ll just steer clear of bears in Subarus.

• Kar July 18, 2016 / 8:05 pm

And that is why you don’t store food in your car but use the bear-safe safes.

3. kodalai July 18, 2016 / 2:28 pm

It’s summertime, so you should always check your shoes for spiders, your woodpile for rattlesnakes, and your cars for bears!

4. debg July 18, 2016 / 2:53 pm

That bear story is epic, and the matchingks are amazing. I’ll skip the bats myself.

5. Gigi the cat lady July 18, 2016 / 2:57 pm

I love the tiny bats! But I think I would be too afraid to handle them because they are so very small!

6. Duckie July 18, 2016 / 3:16 pm

When I saw the adorable batlings, I made a sound so high pitched that only a bat could have heard it. Although the dog across the back did start howling…

7. Smartypants July 18, 2016 / 5:42 pm

That bebeh bat is so active for just one day old – adorable! And I had no idea their lifespan is so long. I’m glad he fell onto two such kind humans and got such wonderful care.

8. 6rabbits July 18, 2016 / 8:45 pm

Thanks for posting the bats, Mike!๐Ÿ˜Š
    Even if bats aren’t your cute cup of tea, they are vital to our ecosystem and don’t deserve the evil rep they’ve been given. I would love to visit Bat World someday. *sigh*

Some of the horse/dog matchingks are amazing! And the startled cat with her arm around the puppy–sweet!

Black bear was reported in southern Indiana today–much bigger than this one! Hope no one has a Subaru! Wonder if Subaru Corp. will react to this news?

• Laura July 19, 2016 / 1:41 am

I think the bat-lovers here need to take a field trip together to Bat World. Who’s up for it?

• 6rabbits July 19, 2016 / 11:12 am

I am TOTALLY up for it!! *begins packing*

9. fkaWaldenPond July 18, 2016 / 10:05 pm

I have been giggling for the last several hours over the ‘Bear in the Subaru’ hover text. And… anybody here watching ‘Stranger Things’ on Netflix!?? Gah! I was up late last night watching up to Episode 4…’ and then I woke up at like 5am all silly, school-girl scaredy-cat. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Delicious, cheesy, awesome 80’s fun.

• fkaWaldenPond July 18, 2016 / 10:32 pm

There, I just went back to the hover-text and giggled again. Gift, keeps on giving! Ok, off to bed and no more tv for me as I am clearly a little too punchy-tired. ๐Ÿ™‚