Pet Toy Spotlight

I HUNGER!

From time to time, we’ll be looking at toys your pet might enjoy, and we start with a little number I call Evil Grinning Death Orb. With its endless rows of menacing teeth, this non-toxic rubber ball definitely puts the “chew” in “chew toy.” Fill the teeth with your pet’s favorite kibble and then watch the fun as your pet decides that’s not its favorite kibble anymore. Or just toss the ball at your pet, and savor the look of horror as he or she realizes all hope is lost.

Traumatic! Nightmare-inducing!

(OK, in all seriousness, this looks like a cool toy. But come on, teeth.)

22 thoughts on “Pet Toy Spotlight

1. Doug March 13, 2017 / 12:43 pm

Indestructible ? **HA!** You have never met my Beagle

That poor ball would be in pieces in about 5 seconds

• allein 🐾 March 13, 2017 / 12:52 pm

I got my friend’s Doxie mix a toy for Christmas and it took her about 10 minutes (if that) to rip the squeaker out and strew stuffing all over the living room.

I’m going to meet her in person in a couple weeks; tempted to get her one of these and see if she manages to destroy it before the evening is over.

• Doug March 13, 2017 / 1:30 pm

Sorry Allein .. I’m not into SUCKER bets .. LOL

• Murray C. March 13, 2017 / 5:15 pm

Good plan – and don’t forget, I asked for pictures! You could document the destruction!

• allein 🐾 March 13, 2017 / 5:19 pm

I’ll ask her if I can steal some pics from her facebook page to send to Mike.

• tara March 13, 2017 / 7:06 pm

That is exactly what I saw in the add and I thought. Hm. Yeah right!

2. DebG March 13, 2017 / 12:51 pm

I like hearing about cool toys, Mike. Teencat Scorpius gets spoiled rotten with toys because he loves them; new ideas are always welcome.

3. Birdcage March 13, 2017 / 1:14 pm

Merlin Superparrot has never met a dog toy that he can’t destroy. He’d love chewing those spikes off that death orb!!!!

4. Doug March 13, 2017 / 1:38 pm

.. Death Orb .. *smirks*

• allein 🐾 March 13, 2017 / 5:34 pm

On my way home last night the moon looked yellow and absolutely ginormous! If I was a superstitious sort I probably would have been frightened. When I went out a little later to get something I left in the car it was back to a fairly normal sized white moon.

On a side note, I saw this reply and Mike’s response to it in my email, but the picture doesn’t show up in the email, so I had no idea what was so funny. Now looking at the picture, the munching noise from The Langoliers popped into my head. (Which is literally the only thing I remember about that movie.)

• Smartypants March 13, 2017 / 5:54 pm

I remember David Morse in a pilot’s uniform…but yeah, other than that, it was a pretty bad movie, LOL.

• allein 🐾 March 13, 2017 / 6:56 pm

My ex made me watch it. I’m not much of a King fan (or horror in general). Which is funny because two of my all-time favorite movies are based on two of the few non-horror Stephen King stories (The Shawshank Redemption and Stand By Me).

5. Ricky's Mom March 13, 2017 / 1:50 pm

That thing looks nightmarish to me. Ricky would ignore it. He only likes one brand of soft toy (which he can get his four remaining teeth into). Otherwise, nuttin doin.

6. Chase March 13, 2017 / 1:57 pm

I have an inherent mistrust for any dog toy labeled “indestructible”. I still remember buying an expensive dog toy that was pitched to me as “indestructible” because my pooch was notoriously awful at destroying any and every toy he was given. So of course this expensive “indestructible” toy was spread around the house in a gazillion tiny pieces within 15 minutes. He was very proud of himself and I never bought an expensive toy again!

• Blue Footed Booby March 14, 2017 / 9:20 am

I remember Kong’s packaging bragging that they used to say their toy was indestructible, but then a zookeeper bought one and gave it to a lion. So they added in “almost.”

Is it possible your dog may be, unbeknownst to you, a lion?

• Chase March 14, 2017 / 4:18 pm

I believe he *thought* he was a lion. He weighed about 12 pounds and was quite convinced he could take on 100+ pound doggos if need be. He also felt he could take on towels, which he was always very suspicious of… I miss him!

7. Emsthemonster March 13, 2017 / 2:18 pm

IQ Training? I will get one for my dog. Nah ofc. not for myself 🙂

8. Patty March 13, 2017 / 3:21 pm

Sophie doesn’t tear her toys up. She has a flat fox, and his friend the raccoon, she just grabs them and shakes them. She drags one or the other around, and since they are long (designed for a plastic bottle to go in them, she hates the sound a water bottle makes though), she walks funny trying not to step on them. If she wants to play with the cat, she will drag one of them over to the cat, and they will play tug of war.

• Smartypants March 13, 2017 / 5:56 pm

That’s adorable – I can totally picture it.

9. Laura March 13, 2017 / 4:03 pm

Years ago I gave a friend an “indestructible” dog toy for her black lab guide dog, Wayne, who had such a massive (and powerful) mouth she referred to it as his “cave.” The toy was in pieces in minutes. So we all piled in the car, and when the folks at the pet store met Wayne, they decided maybe he should just stick with another Kong. 😀 Wayne was such a character — I still miss that boy!

10. Kar March 16, 2017 / 1:51 am

Wait. who was that tall man with the gray hair and why did he toss me this weird green ball?