“And You’re Still Flossing, Yes?”

“OK, keep up with that… Incisors seem to beΒ in good shape, and you have pretty good canines for a canine. You need to brush those back teeth more — especially that green one. OK, rinse.”

Pumpkin the Raccoon and friend, suggested by Cheryl S.

20 thoughts on ““And You’re Still Flossing, Yes?”

1. Mariana March 16, 2017 / 1:25 pm

Oh, I ADORE Pumpkin!!!!

2. allein 🐾 March 16, 2017 / 2:11 pm

Are you sure the “green tooth” isn’t just broken off from that scary ball from the other day?

• Murray C. March 16, 2017 / 3:07 pm

πŸ˜‚ Allein, do the people in your office have a clue as to how funny you are? And that guy at the bookstore, I mean, c’mon what’s with him? 😜

• DebG March 16, 2017 / 3:12 pm

What Murray C. said.

• allein 🐾 March 16, 2017 / 3:20 pm

I’m much funnier in writing with time to think than when trying to talk to the guy I have a crush on. (I haven’t talked to him in a little bit, either, and last time I saw him – week before last, maybe? – he helped me order some stuff but otherwise wasn’t being overly chatty. For someone who has made career of selling books, and who apparently owns half a bookstore’s worth of the things himself, he’s very hard to read.)

• fkaWaldenPond March 16, 2017 / 4:00 pm

Can you somehow start conversing with him via email for ‘business purposes’? See what I am getting at here? πŸ™‚

• allein 🐾 March 16, 2017 / 4:11 pm

The only email I have for him is his store email, which other managers may be able to read as well. (Plus I really have no legitimate reason to email a store, so he’d probably just think it’s weird.)

I do have to get a birthday card for my brother, which I was planning to do after work tomorrow. Maybe I’ll browse a bit. Hopefully he’ll be closing.

• Faye March 16, 2017 / 5:25 pm

Linger. Practice saying, “Time for coffee?”

If he says no say, “maybe next time.”

• Dulcie March 16, 2017 / 6:40 pm

Yeah I know what this is all about. I have such terminal shyness or social anxiety that I turn severely stupid when talking to some people. Sheesh there’s been sooo many gaffs!

• allein 🐾 March 16, 2017 / 7:35 pm

That’s me!

• Murray C. March 16, 2017 / 9:41 pm

I’ve been that way most of my life and the pathetic thing is that once I was married, all that social pressure was off and now I can be myself. I wish there was a magic bullet, potion, whatever, to let shy people know it’s ok to be themselves. If you were to meet me now you’d be amazed that I was – still, in certain circumstances – shy. I so get what you go through, Allein. It’s a matter of being convinced of your worth. All of us here know it and wish we could perform a spell to help convince you, in those times, of how worthwhile you are – and how damnably funny!!!!

• allein 🐾 March 16, 2017 / 9:48 pm

yer gonna make me cry..

• Murray C. March 16, 2017 / 10:23 pm

Nope! Now’s the time to strut! Even if it takes adopting a “character” – a part of you that you love – it can come down to a decision. I remember on the morning of my wedding I was exhausted (a very long story) and when I saw all my friends gathered to wish me well, people who had waited a long time for this to happen (I was 41!) i started to get teary. Then I realized that that’s how they’d remember me, walking down the aisle crying. I decided then and there to strut and so I did. Best decision I ever made. Have the pictures to prove it!!! I learned a very important lesson that day that’s been with me since. Not always easy to implement, I realize, but good to bear in mind.

• allein 🐾 March 16, 2017 / 10:41 pm

heh…I’m 41.

• Murray C. March 17, 2017 / 12:17 am

It’s just a number – don’t judge yourself, or compare yourself to others. Something else that’s important – being yourself, your deepest self, has to be done for you, nobody else. And a relationship worth the name has to be one where you can be your true, authentic self. Like a good pair of shoes, comfort is the goal.πŸ˜‰

3. Doug March 16, 2017 / 3:04 pm

.. Taste Like Raccoon .. no .. Really, it does !

• Julie March 16, 2017 / 6:18 pm

You’re weird! I like that! πŸ™‚

• Murray C. March 16, 2017 / 9:42 pm

😜Isn’t it a prerequisite for this site?????

• Doug March 17, 2017 / 8:15 am

.. yes .. yes it is ..

4. Faye March 16, 2017 / 4:02 pm

Hello! (hello hello hello hello)