11 thoughts on “Goodnight… Doguana?

1. Ricky's Mom March 30, 2017 / 5:32 pm

Whenever I think I’ve seen it all, turns out I haven’t. This is so unexpected, and so sweet.

2. Smartypants March 30, 2017 / 6:30 pm

Adorable! “You don’t mind my jowls on your head, do you?”

• ^o^ March 31, 2017 / 2:41 am

I guanna get to know you better..

3. tara March 30, 2017 / 6:39 pm

O.M.G. “Romeo the Iguana” ??? I love it!

and to reprise a previous post…. 6 chicken chicks names etc… What about Shakespearean heroines?
    Juliette, Viola, Portia, Desdemona, Beatrice, and Lady MacBeth? Hm. Maybe Lady MacBeth is going too far…. there’s got to be more though. Sorry – it was so fun thinking of six names, it’s still on my mind. 🙂

• Ricky's Mom March 30, 2017 / 7:31 pm

Rosaline, Olivia, Nerissa, Emilia, Hero, and CeCe. (That last is a theatre insider joke. And perhaps all the choices are a bit of a Shakespearean insider joke.)

• Smartypants March 30, 2017 / 7:36 pm

Oh, me too, Tara – I’m still trying out ladies’ names from a hundred years ago for the chickies – Amelia, Lilian, Mildred, Millicent, Petunia, Penelope, etc.

When I was a kid, we went to church with an older lady whose name was Avis Seed (yes, her parents named her ‘bird seed’!)

• Arne March 30, 2017 / 7:49 pm

The chicks names should be.

1 Not
      2 That
      3 Mike
      4 The
      5 Other
      6 Mike

3 & 6 are identical twins.

4. Koixka March 30, 2017 / 8:10 pm

He must be a well socialized iguana looking for extra warm.
    Cold tile floors are not for them.
    Magda my iguana liked to sleep on top of the household cats who liked the heat lamp on her, open, habitat. And everybody was happy.😺
    And chill, then falling asleep on top,of my chest. I miss ger very much.

• Smartypants March 30, 2017 / 8:53 pm

That’s so sweet! I love iguanas – they seem to have so much personality.

• fkaWaldenPond March 30, 2017 / 11:12 pm

Koixka, I am one of those who love ‘all gods creatures’ but I just get the heebie-jeebies with iguanas! I understand they are little dragons–but their spines! nails! claws GAH and jowl facial markings!!… ughhh just set my little animal portion of brain into shivers… Thank goodness for stronger humans such as yourself. I’m serious, no guff.