17 thoughts on “Maru Wigs Out

1. Gigi the cat lady April 1, 2017 / 2:49 pm

I love how Maru doesn’t move when Mugumogu changes the black wig for the pig tail one.
    And I love how Hana pays no attention to what going on right next to her, she’s taking a nap and couldn’t care less.

• allein ๐ŸŒผ April 1, 2017 / 3:37 pm

I looked away at the end and didn’t even see Hana. She’s thinking, these people are weird but it’s not a bad place to live, all in all.

• Dulcie April 1, 2017 / 8:47 pm

She must be so used to the grandstanding Maru…yawn…

2. Smartypants April 1, 2017 / 4:00 pm

Maru Longstocking!

I think my fave is the green one.

• Dubravkamcvmd April 1, 2017 / 4:12 pm

My fave is the green one too, although the blonde wig gives him a flirtatious look. I thought Hana was rolling her eyes a little bit at the whole production. Maru just loves to be fussed over.

3. Ricky's Mom April 1, 2017 / 4:06 pm

I don’t think blonde suits Maru, but other than that, they’re all pretty good. My favorite is the green one, though. I’d like a Wigateria of my own. Not only could I try on new hairstyles (green, I’m looking at you), but I could get a facelift at the same time.

Hana’s calm acceptance of all things Maru is one of the best things about her.

• Laura April 1, 2017 / 4:18 pm

I suspect that Hana learned quickly that her brother is very, very weird. But he’s still so lovable and mugumogu takes such good care of them — there are more fantastic and creative pieces of cat furniture in that house than I’ve ever seen! — that it’s easy to ignore Maru, and he doesn’t seem to object to being ignored, fortunately. It’s a prtty good gig for the normal cat.

• Dana April 1, 2017 / 6:15 pm

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain (or in the box, or wearing pigtails….).

4. allein ๐ŸŒผ April 1, 2017 / 4:26 pm

The green wig made me think of Vicki Lawrence on Mama’s Family.

• Gigi the cat lady April 1, 2017 / 5:44 pm

Did you ever see the Mama and Eunice sketch where Tim Conway talks about the Siamese Elephant? I laughed so hard I couldn’t breathe!

• allein ๐Ÿพ April 1, 2017 / 6:09 pm

I have not but now I am going to look for it.

• allein ๐Ÿพ April 1, 2017 / 6:15 pm

Oh man.

• Ricky's Mom April 1, 2017 / 7:01 pm

One of the all-time greats.

I think this may be the only time I ever saw Conway crack himself up.

Oh, those were the days. So little comedy these days strikes me as truly funny. (I hit fogeydom early.)

5. Zapes April 1, 2017 / 6:12 pm

“‘Yellow one-length’ really sets off your eyes nicely, Maru.”

6. debg April 2, 2017 / 11:57 am

How could mugumogu ever have known that if she set up a box for the wigs, Maru would wear them?

Hilarious.

Loved the Carol Burnett clip above! What did Vicki Lawrence say that finally had everybody rolling on the floor?

• allein ๐Ÿพ April 2, 2017 / 12:12 pm

She says, “sure that little @$$hole’s through?” (In character, being the only one besides Tim Conway who hadn’t completely lost it by then.)

I give Carol Burnett major points for daring to take a sip of water.