Links: In Living Color

And finally: Seal of Approval

“‘Scuse me, sir, I’m with Sea Patrol. Did you bring any fruit or vegetables into the ocean today? How about fish?” (via Andrew Y.)

SEAL SNORKELLING | Hands down – the BEST moment from my weekend away with @thenorthface. This cheeky seal was so inquisitive and playful (don't worry – he's being friendly – seals use their whiskers and mouths to judge size, shape and textures). He just wanted to play. In fact, when he started to lay on top of us we soon realised he was after a little tummy rub. 😍 Being able to spend time with wild animals in their natural environment and entirely on their terms is both rare and magical. Definitely an experience I'll cherish and a stark reminder why it's so important – now more than ever – to protect our beautiful marine species from the plastic pollution that is killing so many. ❤️#basecampadventure

A post shared by Lizzie Carr (@lizzie_outside) on

10 thoughts on “Links: In Living Color

1. Kar June 26, 2017 / 10:05 am

Peacocks are like really big geese, messy and demanding.

I love their cry though, especially at night.

Love that Geddy Lee gets the joke, wanted to know which baby is his namesake.

2. Gigi the cat lady June 26, 2017 / 10:48 am

Lucky people to be adopted by the peacock, they get peacock feathers when he sheds them every year, I love peacock feathers!

There was a white peacock living on the terrasse of the cottage we stayed in at the Portmeirion “village” hotel. We were warned that he would probably wake us up in the morning by tapping on the glass door to get his morning biscuit and he did!

3. N. Fritz June 26, 2017 / 12:21 pm

I would adopt a stray peacock in a heartbeat!

4. debg June 26, 2017 / 12:36 pm

Okay, what do I have to do to get cute baby animals named after me? Add that to my bucket list, people!

Love the doggie photos. And I also want to swim with the seals (as opposed to the fishes).

5. Janet Clark June 26, 2017 / 12:39 pm

Love those geese but they don’t seem like Canada geese to me…any experts out there?

• Duckie 🐥 June 26, 2017 / 5:23 pm

Yeah, they’re Canadian geese. I recognize the poop.

• E Z Reader June 27, 2017 / 7:32 am

Thank you…haven’t seen juveniles before.

• E Z Reader June 27, 2017 / 7:35 am

Thanks – have heard lots about their poop ruining golf courses, but though I have seen lots of Canadian geese, haven’t seen their poop. FKAWaldenpond says they’re juveniles.
        I knew people here would know.

• fkaWaldenPond June 26, 2017 / 6:33 pm

They are juvenile Canadian Geese– they don’t have their grown up feathers in yet.

6. 6rabbits June 27, 2017 / 6:56 pm

That is SOOOO Canada Geese! Brazen, they are!
    The sheep sea slug is adorbs! The variety among sea slugs is amazing. Remember the Japanese “bunny” sea slug?