Black Friday Sale! Save 30%!

This is the BIG ONE! Possibly the lowest price this year on the Cutetropolis 2018 Calendar! My publisher has doubled the discount to 30% off when you use codeΒ LULU30 at checkout (expires Nov. 24 at 11:59pm). Don’t face another crazy year without cute critters and comical captions, including new material you won’t see on the website! Order now!

The Cutetropolis 2018 calendar is here and better than last year’s, with more pictures, funny stories, livelier layouts, and lots of oddball holidays, too. Twelve months of cuteness, including all-new material such as:

• Set sail with the cute crew on Talk Like A Pirate Day!
  • For the month of ‘Tocktober, an ode to ‘tocks!
  • Horror host Flurnston Boils returns with more Tales of Terror!
  • And more! Get a free preview below! (Tip: Click the full-screen icon to see it larger.)

42 thoughts on “Black Friday Sale! Save 30%!

1. allein 🐾 November 21, 2017 / 8:57 am

The free preview is blocked here at work. It’s an anti-cute conspiracy!! πŸ™

I will order mine tonight!

• Not That Mike The Other Mike November 21, 2017 / 9:00 am

Sadly, the preview uses Adobe Flash, which is pretty much persona non grata across almost the entire web at this point. But we make do with what we have.

• allein 🐾 November 21, 2017 / 9:12 am

Oh, well, if I can’t see the preview then I will just have to be surprised.

• fkaWaldenPond November 21, 2017 / 9:49 pm

Hey interweb knowledge types– why specifically is adobe flash bad news, (not welcome in Mike’s usage)? I use firefox and use the feature to allow me to use it in specific situations. Kindly advise. πŸ™‚

• allein 🐾 November 21, 2017 / 9:56 pm

I had it blocked because of ads and crap on another site. I just made an exception for this site and it works now.

• fkaWaldenPond November 21, 2017 / 10:07 pm

So, is it because it enables the annoying pop ups?

• allein 🐾 November 21, 2017 / 10:12 pm

I’m not sure about popups. I don’t know that much about it, to be honest. I used to have it set to “click to play” but that changed to blocking it all together, and I don’t even know if I changed that myself or if something else caused it.

• Not That Mike The Other Mike November 21, 2017 / 10:22 pm

Flash is a drain on memory and battery resources, so much so that Apple won’t support Flash on its phones and tablets. Lately Flash has also been implicated in security problems.

Flash used to be the only way to do a lot of special effects on the Web, but in recent years all of its functions have been duplicated using leaner, more efficient methods.

2. Not That Mike The Other Mike November 21, 2017 / 8:58 am

Full disclosure: The publisher, Lulu, may offer additional discount codes between now and the end of the year, and you may be able to save even more. I will share those discounts here as soon as Lulu announces them.

• BlueFairy November 21, 2017 / 9:05 am

Too late, already ordered!

• fkaWaldenPond November 21, 2017 / 9:25 am

Me too! πŸ™‚

• Laura November 21, 2017 / 10:13 am

Me three! πŸ˜€

• Muppet2171 November 21, 2017 / 10:13 am

Ditto.

• debg November 21, 2017 / 10:18 am

Yep, me too. Didn’t want to miss out on my beloved calendar. It looks FANTABULOUS, Mike.

3. Elizabeth November 21, 2017 / 9:07 am

July is worth the price of the calendar by itself. I will be ordering shortly. But first work.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

• allein 🐾 November 21, 2017 / 9:11 am

Yeah, the only reason I’m not doing it now is I don’t like to do shopping on my work computer or my tablet.

4. Ricky's Mom November 21, 2017 / 9:34 am

Huzzah! I have ordered mine! Huzzah again, I say!

5. Not That Mike The Other Mike November 21, 2017 / 10:49 am

If you purchased just now, you may have gotten a thank-you email referencing the 2017 calendar. I forgot to update that message until just now. You’ll be getting the 2018 calendar for sure.

6. Claire November 21, 2017 / 10:49 am

The preview works for me, and it looks absolutely wonderful! I love the themes for the months. June is all about wombats! Looking forward to this purchase =)

7. mariser November 21, 2017 / 12:57 pm

ordered.

shamefully, I let the 2017 calendar get away from me. any chance there’s a dusty copy I could buy? for archival purposes, natch.

8. AJ November 21, 2017 / 1:37 pm

Whoo Hoo!!!! Ordering tonight and delibertly not watching the preview so I can be surprised all next year. In fact I will keep it wrapped in it’s box til after Jan 1 when it officially gets hung on my bulletin board at work. It’s kinda like celebrating the opening the first bottle of the year of Beaujolais nouveau.

9. allein 🐾 November 21, 2017 / 7:46 pm

Ordered!

10. dubravkamcvmd November 21, 2017 / 8:20 pm

I’ve tried ordering repeatedly but the site will not let me order. I’ll try calling them tomorrow.

• dubravkamcvmd November 21, 2017 / 9:25 pm

I can’t get past Adding to the cart. It just freezes there. I’m not having trouble on any other site.

• allein 🐾 November 21, 2017 / 9:45 pm

I like to think that so many people are trying to order it that it’s just overloading the site! πŸ˜›

• dubravkamcvmd November 22, 2017 / 9:27 am

Sorry, it was the continue to checkout button I couldn’t get past. I tried again this morning and it still didn’t work so i just called them and ordered that way.

11. Kar November 22, 2017 / 1:49 am

Now that I’m working that is mighty tempting.

Kind of curious how we got that code, LULU15. I don’ recall a lot of LuLu’s on this site. Did they confuse us with the new Lululemon black but really transparent leggings?

• Not That Mike The Other Mike November 22, 2017 / 8:36 am

Lulu is the publisher that prints and sells the calendar for me. They create these discount codes from time to time and encourage authors like me to share them.

• allein 🐾 November 22, 2017 / 9:23 am

So does the discount come out of their profit or yours?

• Not That Mike The Other Mike November 22, 2017 / 9:51 am

The discount from coupon codes comes out of the publisher’s profit, and I get the same amount. Thank you for giving me a chance to clarify that, since others may be wondering too.

• allein 🐾 November 22, 2017 / 10:13 am

Thanks! Good to know!

12. fkaWaldenPond November 22, 2017 / 1:48 pm

Holy smokes, that was fast! Mine just arrived now! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ I will look at in private and at leisure tonight when I get home.

• fkaWaldenPond November 22, 2017 / 2:18 pm

Ok, ok… I peaked and it looks great! The quality is excellent too!

• fkaWaldenPond November 22, 2017 / 4:03 pm

(We thought you would like to know that your Lulu order was shipped on 21/11/17 2:35 PM via Canada Post . (You can check out all the details below.))

Seriously fast from both Lulu and Canada Post!

13. Karen November 23, 2017 / 9:56 am

Hi Mike!
    I just wanted you to know that your brilliant sense of humour and sheer delight in all God’s creatures made my 7-year-long PhD work bearable (that, and Jorge Cham’s PhD Comics site)…
    So much so that I put your name in the ‘Thanks’ page of my 558-page doctoral thesis.
    True story! πŸ™‚

Plus, I just bought the 2018 Calendar. Sure, I always get three or four generic ones in my stocking for Christmas, but they’re functional, not Cute.

• fkaWaldenPond November 23, 2017 / 2:43 pm

Congratulations on completing your thesis Karen!! Holy smokes, 7 years you must be relieved and proud. That is too cool re including Mike on your ‘Thanks’ page!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• Not That Mike The Other Mike November 23, 2017 / 3:07 pm

Wow! I’m honored! And also impressed to see someone stick with a project for seven years and see it through. Congrats on finishing your thesis.

• dubravkamcvmd November 24, 2017 / 8:27 pm

Wow ! You must be be beyond relieved! And I love the idea of thanking Mike! Can we know the subject or title of your thesis?