Imagination Not Included

As the holiday shopping season begins, a reminder: When you shop with Amazon, you get a free racing car for your cat with every order, a $0.11 value! But that’s not all! This sleek, stylish car also transforms into a space ship, pirate galleon, Roman chariot, and more!

Easy to operate, batteries not required!

To demonstrate, here’s Lily, whose human Jan B. writes: “Lily was very prompt to follow the instructions, I didn’t even have a chance to put the box on the floor!”

NEEEEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRWWWWMMMMM!

17 thoughts on “Imagination Not Included

1. tara December 7, 2017 / 8:24 am

Hahahaha! Oh Lily, thank you for demonstrating!
    That look on her face is priceless Jan B. She is so cute. She must provide you hours and hours of joy.

2. dubravkamcvmd December 7, 2017 / 8:25 am

Hilarious post and wonderful to hear from Jan and Lily!

3. Gigi The cat lady December 7, 2017 / 8:29 am

Lily has the intense look of a true race car driver, I think she is already picturing herself as the winner of next year’s famous 24 hours of Le Mouse race! 🏁

• Laura December 7, 2017 / 2:30 pm

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

4. Blue Footed Booby December 7, 2017 / 8:40 am

Judging from kitty’s pupils, she is in fact ready to zoom.

• Alice Shortcake December 7, 2017 / 10:46 am

I can’t get over the permanently surprised eyebrows…

5. victorya chase December 7, 2017 / 8:54 am

Sadly, my kitty is immune to boxes and catnip and other feline purrsuits. However, each morning I take a blanket and make a C on the bed for him, and that is where he goes and I swear stays until I get home. Last night was a cold one, so even when home he was in his magic blanket fort of warmth.

• allein 🐾 December 7, 2017 / 9:06 am

Sounds like Pablo. Even in the middle of summer, you had to be very careful where you sat on the bed, because if the blankets weren’t flat, you had no idea where he was under there. But he was under there.

• victorya chase December 7, 2017 / 11:34 am

Yup! Despite being 17 pounds (down a pound from last year, which is good) he can still smooth himself out pretty good. Last night was fun because he wanted to be near me, under my blanket, but still with his blanket as well. He figured out how to do it – it did involve almost pushing me all the way off the bed though.

• allein 🐾 December 7, 2017 / 11:38 am

Pablo was only six pounds…he still managed to take up an awful lot of bed space. 😉

• HaHa December 7, 2017 / 3:46 pm

Mmmmmm…Magic blanket fort of warmth.
      How hard is it to resist curling up around him and staying in bed?

6. debg December 7, 2017 / 9:25 am

This is so adorable! Lily always makes me laugh.

7. Ricky's Mom December 7, 2017 / 9:48 am

The picture of Lily in her race car is wonderful!

SLIGHT NUFFING ON: I have a love/hate relationship with Amazon – I use the Smile link from this site when I’m doing the love thing. The non-love thing is because I’d much, much rather support local businesses, many of which Amazon and big box stores have wiped out. Also, fulfilling those orders so fast means treating hoomin workers awfully badly.

That said …

NUFFING OFF: Whoever came up with that printing on the box is a marketing genius. That stuff is awfully hard to resist.

• Alice Shortcake December 7, 2017 / 12:21 pm

I share your thoughts about Amazon and online shopping generally. Shops are closing at a terrifying rate in my home town and the biggest one has been empty for over a year.

8. Murray C December 7, 2017 / 10:18 am

Aw, Jan, Lily is so beautiful – and a character! I hope you’re doing well, too.

Where’s Faye? Haven’t heard much from her lately!

9. Kar December 7, 2017 / 12:56 pm

Lily was such a cute kitten but now she’s a lovely young cat.

10. Jan B. December 7, 2017 / 1:01 pm

That’s my Lilypoot! She does indeed get the zoomies all the time! I’m glad everyone enjoys her antics, she makes me laugh every day.