April Fool’s Day News

In what you may or may not consider to be bad news, I won’t be creating a prank page for April Fool’s Day this year. This is because April 1 will coincide with Easter Sunday, and I expect most readers will be offline. I apologize to anyone who was looking forward to it, and especially to Jingles, the Practical Joke Pig. Next year, Jingles.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (via Instagram)

Princess Luna, found by Andrew Y.

8 thoughts on “April Fool’s Day News

1. debg March 18, 2018 / 2:28 pm

I’m kinda hoping that this announcement is itself an April Fools prank, Mike!

(yes, I understand your logic and support your decision, but I’m still bummed)

• Ricky's Mom March 18, 2018 / 5:22 pm

I’m with DebG on this one. Easter is not my holiday; not that April Fool’s Day is, but still …
      if Easter is your day, Mike, then have a happy one! (And the same to everyone else who celebrates it.)

2. allein 🐾 March 18, 2018 / 6:53 pm

Wait…is this a joke?

3. Gigi The cat lady March 18, 2018 / 7:57 pm

• birdlady26 March 19, 2018 / 8:47 am

Same here.

4. Murray C March 18, 2018 / 9:32 pm

I won’t actually post the story here, but who remembers the reason that the Smothers Brothers were pulled off the air? Clue: It had an Easter theme.

• fkaWaldenPond March 18, 2018 / 9:46 pm

Well, now I want to know! I am searching the web and can only see the another six weeks of winter joke. But I did find this -https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130569467 (Which I cannot listen to now as they are playing Michael Slattery’s Dowland in Dublin on 96.3 classical fm right now and don’t want to miss any of it.)

• Ricky's Mom March 19, 2018 / 10:41 am

The Smothers Brothers were fired by CBS for political content, most especially anti-war content, although the “official” reason was that they had failed to turn in an episode for review by the network censors by the stated deadline. Their firing *may* have been prompted by request Richard Nixon. Nothing to do with Easter at all.

Incidentally, they sued CBS and won.